Mission: Our Mission as Saahas Youth is to make an impact on the mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing of the South Asian Youth in our community.
Projects: Saahas Youth Currently has three running projects.
- Technology Classes for Seniors– Saahas youth hopes to bridge the gap between older adults and youth by enhancing wellness for both generations. This project will impact mental health by reducing loneliness, increasing awareness about basic digital world, improving self-esteem, and communication skills for both generations. In these classes, youth uses technology as a motive to connect with the seniors and teaches them day to day technology use and also problem solves individual digital queries. This project enhances the comfort of both generations in communicating with each other and understanding each other’s strengths and needs.
- Active Research Projects – We have 2 active research projects:
- Understanding the acculturation of South Asian Immigrants
- high school stress and Covid 19 pandemic
- Social Justice– Youth is involved in discussions around allyship, racism in the South Asian Community. They are also very involved in community education and has produced three Public Service Announcements (PSA) so far. please watch them!